Saffron Rice Pudding
|Prep time : 15 min||Cooking time : 2 hours||Yield : 10 person|
|Saffron (powder, crushed, or whole thread)||1/2 tablespoon|
|Rose Water||1 cup|
|Sliced Almond||as needed|
|Sliced Pistachios||as needed|
- Before using the rice, be sure to wash it well with cold water and drain it a few times.
- Pour the rice into a pot with 14 glasses of water and let it boil.
- Immediately after boiling, turn down the heat and let it cook slowly. If the heat is high, the rice will stick to the bottom of the pot. In the middle of the work, add a pinch of saffron to the rice and water. Decide the amount of saffron yourself, add it little by little and stir and let it boil for a few minutes. If the rice is not yellow yet, add another pinch so that the color of the rice pudding turns yellow.
- If your rice runs out of water during cooking, add some hot water to it, monitor it all the time and stir constantly. Rice is ready once it is very soft and the mixture is almost homogeneous. At the end of the work, add and stir sugar, rose water, cardamom powder and butter.
- Add the almond slices to the Saffron Rice Pudding and stir a little and let it boil for a few minutes.
- After cooking, pour the Saffron Rice Pudding in a bowl and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Decorate with cinnamon, sliced pistachios, and sliced almond.
- Serve cold.