|Prep time : 30 min
|Cooking time : 3 hours
|Yield : 4 person
Ingredients for cooking the rice
|2 1/2 tablespoon
|1 1/2 teaspoon
Ingredients for the chicken mixture
|Skinned Chicken (boneless, cut into small, thick pieces)
|2 whole head
|Low fat Yogurt
|Fresh Ginger Root
|tp to taste
|Tomato (peeled and chopped)
|Vegetable Oil or Melted Butter
- Brew Saffron by pouring boiling water on the Saffron in a glass and let it release its color for about 5 min.
- Then, wash the rice well and soak it with a little salt for 1 to 2 hours.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or butter in a pot to heat, then fry the pre-chopped potatoes. Take the fried potato out and fry the onion. Add garlic, ginger and 2 other spoons of oil until the onions become soft and golden. While frying, add pepper, cumin, salt, turmeric, and tomatoes and fry all these ingredients together for 5 minutes. Then add mint, cardamom, yogurt and cinnamon to the mixture and stir. Turn down the heat and close the pot to cook the tomatoes. When cooking, occasionally check the mixture so that the water does not dry out completely. If the water is evaporated, add a little boiling water in the pot so that the mixture does not burn and stick to the pot.
- After the tomatoes are cooked and the ingredients are thickened, pour the chopped chicken into the pot and stir well to cover the cooked mixture all over the chicken. Close the pot and set the heat to low to cook the chicken with the rest of the ingredients. After 40-50 minutes when the chicken is cooked, you will end up with about 4 cups of stew.
- In the next step, drain the washed rice and let the water pass through the strainer completely.
- Fry some chopped onions until they become golden-yellow colored. Then mix the fried onions with the drained rice, brewed Saffron, cinnamon and cardamom and stir well with the rice.
- Heat the chicken mixture which should include about 4 cups of broth and pour it over the rice. Gently mix the prepared mixture with the rice. Put the final mixture on low heat for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Now you can serve the meal and enjoy.